Each month, Miranda van den Heuvel talks to creative people in Luxembourg and says “look, Luxembourg is creative! Here’s how and where!” The December talk is with jewelry designer Patrice Parisotto.
1. What is CREATIVITY?
Creativity in jewelry is the fine art of elevating precious natural materials to fascinating and admirable emotions.
2. How are you creative?
3. Suggest a simple creative activity to our readers that can make them more creative
Try to pay attention and see the details in a picture, in your environment, or in a movie. Force yourself to look actively at things from a different angle or use things in a way they were not initially designed for.
4. What are your top 3 websites for creative inspiration?
I don’t have any preferred websites. I use Google search daily to discover new, creative and innovative ideas.
5. What are your 3 tips to become more creative in Luxembourg?
- Take a crafts or other kind of class that is far away from your own specialty like for example a pottery class or making glass beads.
- Visit one of the many crafts shows and keep your eyes open for new creations or unusual products.
- Enjoy the atmosphere in some of the most amazing locations like old castles where art and creativity meets history.
6. What’s your suggestion to make Luxembourg a more creative, innovative place?
Create more meeting points where you can exchange ideas, knowledge and techniques to broaden your horizon and open up to new ways of thinking. Be more open minded to allow expression of creativity and disruptive innovations. Learning from the various influences and people in our multicultural society.
7. Who, in Luxembourg, should we interview next?
Pascale Seil, she creates fabulous sculptures and lamps of glass.
Patrice Parisotto, interviewed by Miranda van den Heuvel, December 2013
Learn more about Patrice here.