Delicious summer salads for you, all serve 4 people. Why not give them all a go!
- 200g pack small button mushrooms, finely sliced
- juice 1 lemon
- 200g green beans trimmed
- handful of soft green herbs such as basil, chervil, parsley, tarragon
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 75g parmesan shaved into curls
- In a bowl, toss mushrooms with half the lemon juice and set aside. Blanch the beans in salted boiling water for 5 minutes until they still have a crunch but are not squeaky, then drain and cool in cold water.
- Mix the beans and mushrooms together in a bowl with the herbs, and season with salt an pepper. Toss through the tomatoes, the remaining lemon juice and the olive oil and scatter with parmesan just before serving.
Peppery radish salad
- 2 oranges
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ small red onion finely sliced
- 200g radishes washed and thinly sliced
- 200g smoked salmon
- 75g watercress, washed
- Segment the oranges over a bowl allowing the segments and the juice to fall in. Stir in the vinegar, onion and radishes and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Divide the smoked salmon between 4 plates. Toss the watercress through the radish mix then put a handful on top of the salmon, making sure you have a bit of everything. Serve with any juices from the bowl poured over.
Cauliflower apple and blue cheese salad
- 5 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil or rapeseed oil
- little drizzle of honey
- 3-4 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small cauliflower, chopped
- handful alfalfa spouts or cress
- 200g stilton or crumbly blue cheese
Scatter before serving:
- small bunch mint, chopped
- 50g toasted sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts
Text and photos by Alison Korter-Lacki, July 2014