Each month, Miranda van den Heuvel talks to creative people in Luxembourg and says “look, Luxembourg is creative! Here’s how and where!” The September talk is with glass artist and designer Signe Admine-Bugeja.
1. What is CREATIVITY?
Creativity is taking everyday objects and look at them from different perspectives. It is a process whereby, trough a playful, almost childish, attitude, you combine ordinary objects to create something extraordinary. You just need to awaken the child in you and everything will seem new and exhilarating.
2. How are you creative?
I also encourage creativity by offering other artists the opportunity to give workshops, and by promoting them.
3. Suggest a simple creative activity to our readers that can make them more creative
On our website you will discover various types of artistic courses and workshops during which you can realize your own artwork under professional supervision.
4. What are your top 3 websites for creative inspiration?
5. What are your 3 tips to become more creative in Luxembourg?
- Explore nature. In the northern part of Luxembourg you may find breathtaking scenery with overhanging cliffs, lush forests, roaring rivers and sudden unexpected gorges.
- If you happen to be in Remerschen, enjoy the lakes and observe the birds, just distend yourself on the ground, look up at the sky and figure out shapes and forms like when you were a child.
- Undertake some artistic activity under professional supervision.
6. What’s your suggestion to make Luxembourg a more creative, innovative place?
Do not hold back from undertaking creative enterprises. Help art to bloom in everyday activities, in your everyday clothes… be brave and innovative in your life.
Signe Admine-Bugeja, interviewed by Miranda van den Heuvel, September 2014