I found an old French book at the market the other day. It was not in its best shape, but I liked the old paper and the fonts. It didn’t take me long before I decided to transform the book into Christmas ornaments.
Here is how you make a star…
You can of course use a different paper, white or coloured, it’s up to you.
1. You need a square piece of paper. Fold it diagonal
2. Turn the paper and fold it again in the same fold. Then open.
3. Fold from both sides towards the middle
5. Do the same as in no 3 on the opposite side
6. Fold towards the middle as shown
7. you will now have a shape like this
8. Carefully bend the top backwards
9. You now have 2 «arms», one long and one shorter. You’ll need 7 of these to make the star.
10. To assemble the star you put the short «arm» inside the long arm. Continue until you have a whole star.
Text and photos by Ann-Kristin Øvreeide, Advent 2014