We’re not good at putting ourselves first; children, spouse, family, work and friends are often more important. All the more reason to find the time to do some self-pampering in the everyday, if only for a few minutes – and relax!
Home spa is one of my favourites – a warm bath, candles, perhaps a glass with something refreshing and a magazine and I’m in heaven. And a great thing with home spa: It doesn’t need to cost an arm and a leg either. With simple ingredients you (or your kids/or all of you together) can make your own perfect spa products.
- Mix 7 dl sea salt and 10 ts baking powder (optionally make the water more basic)
- Add some essential oil such as lavender, rose, lemon.
- You could add some colour; food colour or natural colours from beetroot or blueberry.
- Add some herbs if you like.
- Mix it all together and leave to dry on a dry surface.
- Fill a jar or, like I did, an antique carafe and keep it in a dry place
Mix a cup of sugar with a few drops of olive oil in a bowl and add some essential oil; peppermint is great for your feet (for colour I used a couple of drops of beetroot juice).
I also like to refill shampoo etc in glass bottles and carafes, it’ll make the bathroom look a bit more glamorous. Who said anything about the practical aspect?
Take the break you deserve!
Text and photos by Ann-Kristin Øvreeide, March 2015
Ann-Kristin Øvreeide has a true passion for interior, styling and photography. You can find out more about Ann-Kristin and her work on her website Mint by Me